Sunday, March 27, 2011

Jeez

I make myself suffer through Army Wives and Coming Home every Sunday afternoon. I'm completely fine until I see the kids talk about how much they miss their daddy and how glad that they have their dad home.

That hits me so close, because I don't know how this deployment will affect Bobby. Bobby has turned into such a "daddy's boy" and I know that it's going to be hard on him. I know that it won't be as hard because he won't be as old as most who have to go through this deployment. Every child is affected no matter the age.

Yet, in all this, I have a piece of mind. Jayden is going to spend his first year without his daddy. I don't have to worry about him not being attached to Robert because Rob was gone the exact same time with Bobby and Bobby is really attached to Rob. It's my job to ensure that Jayden knows that his daddy loves him and that his daddy is making sure that he is safe.

I know that I will be able to handle the deployment. God will not give me something that I am not strong enough for. I just worry about they boys, specially Bobby. It's going to be hard for him at first and I know that he will get used to it and he will understand. He understands more then I could ever imagine. You should see how cute he is with his Army shirts, his "daddy" book and his soldier bear. He is all about his daddy and all about the Army.

We are an Army family and our family strength will be tested here in a few months. We are all going to miss him, but it's what Rob signed up for. I can't complain because I knew the time would come when I would have to say good-bye to him. I knew that when he made the decision to join up. I do not regret it one bit and I am so proud of him. I love my husband and my sons. I love my family and I will do whatever I need to do to make sure that we will survive. It's time to test our strength as a couple and as a family and we will succeed. Deployments make or break you and I will make sure that we will come out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment