Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Hmmm

Today has been a great day. I can't complain one bit. I babysat the coolest little kid today, and then got a doctor to release Jayden when he is born. Apparently since I am delivering off post, I have to get a separate doctor that accepts Tricare Prime to release him. I got a Dr Micheal Bowen to do it. So, hopefully, everything works out and it's as easy as it sounds. Yet, with the Army and with my luck, I doubt that it can be just that easy.

Robert has CQ tomorrow,so I plan on trying to get some of this stuff on my to do list tackled. I hate CQ since it's a 24 hour shift, but I love how they get the next day off as recovery. We plan on going out and getting the last minute things for Jayden, and stuff for when mom comes to visit. Which I do have to say, I am so excited to see my mom. I can't wait. It's going to be so nice knowing that my son is in very good hands while I am bringing another one into this world. My day got way better when Robert called me to inform me that he got selected to take Friday off. So, not only do I get Thursday with him, I get Friday to. I am soaking up whatever time the Army wants to give me with him.

I am actually getting motivated now to get my to do list done. Just yesterday, I was saying that there was no way I was going to get myself motivated. I guess, I am nesting, just a tad bit early. I never got that. Nesting. It's like all the sudden you get this burst of energy to make sure that everything is perfect for the little one. Why? First off, he won't know if the floor is so clean you can see your own reflection. He won't know that the house has been dusted and washed over ten times because each time just didn't do the job. My second question, why can't we nest our entire pregnancy? I mean I could certainly use bursts of energy throughout this pregnancy, especially since I have a 22 month old that I get to chase around and a husband to pick up after. I guess we can't be that lucky huh? I think we should be able to nest the entire pregnancy.

Speaking of pregnancy, I am trying to make a birth plan for us. I did it with Bobby, but didn't follow through with it. I then had the worst birth experience and I wish not to repeat that. Thank goodness that my doctor has promised me that she will make sure it doesn't happen this time. For instance, I refuse to be given a epidural until I absolutely need it. They gave it to me when I was about 3 cm dilated and by the time I was about 7, it wore off. So, until the very last minute, I plan on just getting IV meds or maybe I won't get an epidural at all. Who am I kidding, I have to have one since I stress out when I am in pain. I just want enough meds to take the edge of it.

My mistake the first time was I was a new parent. I let the doctors walk over me and I didn't stand up for what I wanted for myself and Bobby. This time however, I know what I want and I've made it clear to my doctor. I am even putting it into writing what I want. Even down to nursing him. I was told by a doctor that I wasn't making enough milk and Bobby was suffering. This time, I will explore all options before supplementing and risking the chance he may not nurse. I will drink the teas or take the natural herbal supplements that help with the milk production. I even did my research and found the bottles that have the best chance of being able to nurse and supplement.

I am seriously hoping that in 2 weeks, I will be fully ready (haha you can never be fully ready) for his arrival. I am actually anxious to see how this birth goes. I know it will be different from Bobby's, but hopefully Jayden won't be as stubborn as his older brother. Fingers crossed :)

4 comments:

  1. where are you giving birth? we had Alana at Del Sol, and I regretted it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Can you come and have these periods of nesting at my house?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skye-We are having him at Las Palamas. I have heard nothing but great things about their L&D department.
    Sarah-haha I wish. I would be happy to come nest at your house. I think I may scrub the walls clean off. And, I could see you and hang out with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. good! I wish I had gone there. the L&D at Del Sol was horrible and the Dr I had pressured me to have a c section and I wish I knew better. ugh, it still makes me mad to think about the whole thing.

    I hope you have a pleasant few weeks leading up to the delivery! how exciting!

    ReplyDelete